Running Introduction

On April 16, 2012, I will be running the Boston Marathon on behalf of Massachusetts General Hospital. I am an avid runner and it has always been my dream to run Boston. However, as I think of the reasons why I am running this particular race, another story comes to mind. For 26.2 miles I will run for an organization who has saved the person that I love most in the world, my mother. Jan Mertz is my role model and best friend, and on April 16th, she will be my inspiration (follow the SPONSOR ME link to read the full story). My fund raising goal of $5,000.00 is not nearly enough to thank such an amazing hospital, but it is a start. Thank you in advance for your support and for reading my blog!!

Follow my blog for updates on my training schedule, energy-rich snacks and meals, but most of all, how to prepare mentally and physically for 26.2 miles!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You know you're a runner when....


You know you're a runner when...

-You no longer make fun of fanny packs because your running belt looks very similar (although cooler) to one.

-You have more running clothes than regular clothes in your laundry pile.

-You're not embarrassed to wear spandex.

-You're ALWAYS hungry.

-You smirk when non-runners ask you, "So how long is this Marathon?"

-You know where exactly one mile from your front door is (in any direction).

-You own more pairs of running sock than dress socks.

-You get jealous when you're driving in your car and you pass a runner.

-A beautiful summer day turns overcast and you're glad because it's much better running weather.

-You call 5 miles a "short run" and people look at you funny.

-You spend the last two miles of a marathon thinking about what you're going to do different when you run your next race.

Peace, Love and RUNNING

1 comment:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.
    waist pouch

    ReplyDelete