Running Introduction

On April 16, 2012, I will be running the Boston Marathon on behalf of Massachusetts General Hospital. I am an avid runner and it has always been my dream to run Boston. However, as I think of the reasons why I am running this particular race, another story comes to mind. For 26.2 miles I will run for an organization who has saved the person that I love most in the world, my mother. Jan Mertz is my role model and best friend, and on April 16th, she will be my inspiration (follow the SPONSOR ME link to read the full story). My fund raising goal of $5,000.00 is not nearly enough to thank such an amazing hospital, but it is a start. Thank you in advance for your support and for reading my blog!!

Follow my blog for updates on my training schedule, energy-rich snacks and meals, but most of all, how to prepare mentally and physically for 26.2 miles!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Search Tool from nSphere!

Happy Tuesday! As I'm sure many of you may have noticed, I have a new blue search box on the bottom right of my blog. Instead of explaining it myself (which could end poorly) I've asked my nSphere contact to help me out! Please see below for his explanation of this awesome new feature.

Peace, Love and RUNNING!

Hi Valerie's readers! Valerie kindly let me guest write a paragraph of her blog to explain the new search tool on her page. My name is Thom, and I work for a tech company called nSphere. I am currently working with runners and running blogs to try to get them to join the nSphere network. I contacted Valarie because her blog is full of great posts about fundraising and running for charity that could benefit others who are thinking about doing the same thing. By joining our network, her content will be able reach new readers through relevant searches, and her readers (like you) are able to search from her site for local information. For example, if you are reading a blog post about a running injury like Plantar Faciitis, you can use this local search tool to search for Podiatrists in your area. Your search results will include a list of the podiatrists closest to your location along with a phone number, address, and reviews. Soon the widget will also help share content, reviews and posts, by other bloggers that are also extremely relevant to the search. That said, the best way to learn about the tool is to try it out!

The widget is a "simple" search function that:
* Sits on a website and delivers search results on website, keeping your traffic on the page
* Has the ability to get your websites content out to people at a time when then want it
* Takes 5 minutes to add to your page.

We want to share this widget with as many blogs and sites with good content as possible! If you would like to give the widget a try, please give me a call at 617 933 7539, or contact Valerie for my email address. Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment