Running Introduction

On April 16, 2012, I will be running the Boston Marathon on behalf of Massachusetts General Hospital. I am an avid runner and it has always been my dream to run Boston. However, as I think of the reasons why I am running this particular race, another story comes to mind. For 26.2 miles I will run for an organization who has saved the person that I love most in the world, my mother. Jan Mertz is my role model and best friend, and on April 16th, she will be my inspiration (follow the SPONSOR ME link to read the full story). My fund raising goal of $5,000.00 is not nearly enough to thank such an amazing hospital, but it is a start. Thank you in advance for your support and for reading my blog!!

Follow my blog for updates on my training schedule, energy-rich snacks and meals, but most of all, how to prepare mentally and physically for 26.2 miles!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

4 Days to go: MARATHON MOTIVATION!

Kenyan Caroline Kilel winning the 2011 Boston Marathon women's race (2:22:36):

What I tell myself on days I don't want to get out of bed:







Truth:

My all time FAVORITE quote:



Bring it on Marathon Monday!


Peace, Love and RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment