Running Introduction

On April 16, 2012, I will be running the Boston Marathon on behalf of Massachusetts General Hospital. I am an avid runner and it has always been my dream to run Boston. However, as I think of the reasons why I am running this particular race, another story comes to mind. For 26.2 miles I will run for an organization who has saved the person that I love most in the world, my mother. Jan Mertz is my role model and best friend, and on April 16th, she will be my inspiration (follow the SPONSOR ME link to read the full story). My fund raising goal of $5,000.00 is not nearly enough to thank such an amazing hospital, but it is a start. Thank you in advance for your support and for reading my blog!!

Follow my blog for updates on my training schedule, energy-rich snacks and meals, but most of all, how to prepare mentally and physically for 26.2 miles!

Friday, April 13, 2012

3 Days to GO: 84 Degrees? REALLY WEATHER?!

Check out this forecast for Marathon Monday...84 degrees and partly cloudy! Granted, for those of you who have been checking the weather daily (as a certain blog writer/runner has been doing), you know that the predictions for Marathon Monday have ranged from 65-85 degrees and have included sunny, partly cloudy and isolated thunder storms. Needless to say, I am very anxious to see what the weather on Marathon Monday will actually have in store for the 27,000 runners headed for a nice little 26.2 mile jog! For anyone running, or spectating (which is a whole sport in itself) be sure to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and be aware of the warning signs for heat stroke, heat exhaustion and heat cramping (which include dizziness, chills or nausea while running).

I had a nice little 3 mile jog yesterday and will run another 2-3 today. Tomorrow I am resting and enjoying myself at the Running Expo and then a little pasta dinner and RACE DAY!

Remember to set up your AT&T Athlete Alert if you haven't already done so (text RUNNER to 345678 - my bib# is 25476) and let me know where you'll be standing on race day.

Peace, Love and RUNNING!

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment